Tuesday, September 11, 2012
A Post from FCC, Florida Conservation Coalition
Florida Conservation Coalition
Dear FCC Members,
On Saturday, September 22nd, we invite you to join Florida Conservation Coalition Charter Organizations, Affiliates, and Members for a terrific day of speeches, guided nature activities, education, live music, and fun at Rainbow Springs State Park.
Visit Rainbow Springs State Park for an incredible day of intimate tours and educational speeches by some of the people working to save and protect Rainbow Springs. Listen to inspiring speakers, visit educational booths from agencies and organizations working to make a difference, take a hike to see restoration and preservation in progress. Or, rent a kayak or tube for some on your own fun and take a swim in the crystal clear waters that have sustained humans for 6,000 years! Many tours and workshops are RSVP only, so register today! Park admission is $2/person, children 6 and under are free. More information is available at FloridaStateParks . org. Keep your eyes peeled for more details-There will be some incredible opportunities for our visitors including:
- Everyone can swim, hike, picnic, visit the butterfly garden, rent canoes/kayaks, rent tubes, listen to music & educational speakers, visit booths of organizations working toward environmental preservation and restoration, meet Smokey Bear, and participate in guided programs.
- There are also some great special tours that require an RSVP.
- Please visit FloridaStateParks.org/RainbowSprings for more info.
- Brought to you by: Rainbow Springs State Park and Southwest Florida Water Management District.
- Sponsored in part by Marion County Springs Festival, the Friends of Rainbow Springs, and Florida Yards and Neighbors
- This event is held in conjunction with Citrus County Save Our Waters Week and in recognition of National Public Lands Day.
- Come learn what is worth protecting!
Check out their website at www.floridaconservationcoalition.org