We learn from each other, and get inspired by each other. Doing the right thing takes effort, but it is always worth it!
Marchers, Here are a few important details you need to know for the day of the march.
1. The March Against Monsanto Fort Myers is a peaceful march with our primary goal being to educate the community about GMOs and to expose the threat Monsanto poses to humanity at large and the planet. Families with children, elderly and disabled will be participating in the march and it is essential that we protest in a non-violent, peaceful manner. This also means refraining from profanity. We want to always be respectful of each other and our community. This will ensure that our message will be heard, our primary goal!
2. We are protesting without a permit since we will be marching on public sidewalk only. Vendors are not permitted.
3. Distribution of flyers unfortunately is not permitted because it may result in littering citations.
4. Bullhorns are not permitted. The city's noise ordinance reads as follows:
"It shall be unlawful for any person to make, cause to be made, or permit to be made, in the city, noises or sounds that are audible beyond the premises of such person upon which such noises or sounds are made."
5. We will be parking behind the South Plaza strip mall by Ada's rear entrance. There is a quite a bit of parking but we encourage everyone to please car pool! Over flow parking will be directly behind the strip mall.
6. Please remember to wear sun screen and to stay hydrated. Thank you to the organizers who have taken it upon themselves to collectively provide about 35 gallons of water for the marchers. Please bring reusable containers so we can fill you up with water!
* Volunteers are still needed! Please message the page if you can help. We are in need of Peacekeepers to help us crossing at the intersections as well as ensuring we do not block traffic.
*Also we need about 2 more volunteers to help direct parking.
* We need help with collecting names and emails for future outreach in the community.
Fellow Marchers, please take a look at our march route. At each stopping point we will like some of you stay at these posts with your signs, rallying. We also will need some volunteers to help the crowd (yes we have a crowd!) crossing streets in an orderly manner. Perhaps helping direct people were to park as well. Please let me know if you are interested in volunteering and we will add you to our organizers group. Thank you!